Push notifications are one of the prime techniques to boost your marketing. It doesn’t matter if you are a small-scale business owner or a large-scale business owner, you can use push notifications to target your potential audience from around the world.
The good thing is, you can target both Android as well as iOS users effectively through React Native Push Notifications. This helps you to increase conversions.
But still, some are not able to draw desired results.
You might be wondering why?
Well, the problem lies in the strategy.
If you are one of them with the wrong strategy, here are 7 quick tips for improving your push notification strategy.
- Simple Opt-in and Opt-out: Many fail to attract and retain users for a longer period because they force things. They compel their audience to opt-in for push notifications. Moreover, users who want to opt-out can’t do it so easily.
This is where they make a mistake. If you are one of them you need to understand you can’t force things on your users. Give them the freedom to opt-in and opt out any time they want. This will make them feel free.
Let them come and use your service at their own pace and will. Your motive must be to motivate them and not to compel them. Otherwise, they will leave your platform for some better options.
- Ask them what they want: Many business owners keep on sending push notifications even when the user is not interested. The best thing that you can do is to ask your users what type of push notifications they are interested in.
This will let you target them potentially without being pushy or needy. The thing is when you ask your users about their consent or desire they feel special. They feel that they are being heard of. And when you provide them with what they demand, they start trusting you. As a result, you can build a solid relationship with them.
- Timing and Frequency: This is a crucial aspect that most business owners do not concentrate on. They think that they got permission and now they can send as many push notifications as they want and that too at any time of the day or night.
If you are one of them you need to avoid it. The thing is, you are not only damaging relations with your users but also heading towards negative marketing.
The thing is users feel irritated when they receive notifications throughout the day and especially during their sleeping hours. This can force them to uninstall your app. So it is better to send limited and timely push notifications. This will not only help you with more opening rate but also with a high conversion rate.
- Use Rich Media: There is no use in sending push notifications if you have to use simple text. The power of push notification lies within their ability to carry rich media. You can add images, graphics, videos, gifs, emojis, etc to make them more eye-catchy and effective.
This will not only clarify the doubts of your users but will also motivate them to open it and take action on the spot. This will help you with more sales. Apart from this, it will provide a unique experience to your users.
- Personalization: Why send uninterested suggestions to users or targeting them with products or services that are not meant for them. The thing is, every individual has their interests and likings. Moreover, it is difficult to sell a product or service to an aged person that is meant for the youth. Although they can give it further in the form of gifts, the chances of purchase are lesser.
So you are required to use analytics and target your audience with the products and services of their interest or that they can use themselves. This will not only help you to get more conversions but make your users feel heard and understood. As a result, they are not going to leave your platform easily.
- Alerts and Reminders: You got something new on your platform or you want to offer special discounts or coupons to your loyal customers, you can send push notifications.
The thing is, people are busy these days. So they often forget things. This means if you reach them with reminders regarding upcoming sales or abandoned carts, they will develop a unique relationship with you.
Moreover, sending them price drop alerts or sending them alerts regarding products or services that are back in stock will make them feel special. It is this experience that counts the most when it comes to engaging and retaining users. You can further add a call-to-action button for improving the chances of action from a user side.
- Feedbacks: It is good to ask for regular feedback through push notifications. The thing is, people love to give their suggestions on the products and services they are using.
This will not only help you to earn the trust of your users but will also let you know your shortcomings before it’s too late. It means you can work on various bugs as early as possible. This will let you provide a unique experience to your customers.
Moreover, you are going to earn free advocacy from your loyal customers. The thing is if you are asking for suggestions from customers it means a lot to them. They feel attached to your platform and feel proud of using your products or services. As a result, they will love to go for word-of-mouth promotion without being asked.
When it comes to Push Notifications they carry the ability to take your business to the next level. All you need to do is to select the right strategy. Now how to do this is presented to you here in the form of some simple and unique tips. So, now the choice is yours.